Thursday, February 4, 2016

I've Been Busy

   I finished the polyester quilt refurbishment.  It took me about 6 hours to quilt the darn thing.  It was super thick and I didn't want to break a lot of needles doing this one so I took it slow.  I finally figured out that I would do better to use my dual feed foot instead of the flimsy walking foot quilting this baby.  So with about 5 rows left to quilt I changed my presser foot and the last little bit of quilting went a lot more smoothly.  I followed the seams and did a grid quilting.  I stayed away from the puffy centers of the string blocks.  I didn't want to crush those pretty polyester blocks.  I also didn't square this quilt up when I trimmed it for binding.  Some of the rows ends were quite wonky, but I wanted to keep as much of the quilt top as I could so there is one bit that is seriously curved.   This whole project took me about 19 hours to complete over the last 2 1/2 weeks.  The quilt measures about 52" x 50".  Here's a picture of the front and the back.






   After I finished the quilt top I made my daughter a couple of items.  One was a padded tablet sleeve with button closures and the other is this cute, cute drawstring pouch using the tutorial here.  I really like this tutorial and the pouch is a nice big size.  Perfect to carry the cords and accessories for a tablet.  I think I'll be making a couple of these for me.




No comments: