Pages

Tuesday, March 5, 2024

It's Been Awhile Since I Last Posted

   I wasn't sewing, crocheting, knitting, painting or doing anything creative so I didn't feel much like posting.  Last month dear daughter and I went to Disney World for a family reunion of sorts.  There were only ten of us and it rained two of the park days but it was still a fun time to meet up with family.  After we left Disney I came home to host my big brother and his wife at my house for 4 nights.  They are both allergic to cats so I had spent several days deep cleaning my master bedroom and bathroom for their use.  I also cleaned up the living room, kitchen and dining room including shampooing carpets and taking drapes down for cleaning.  It was a production but all of my spring cleaning is done now and I can make quilt tops.

  

   I've had the material for this quilt top since 2018.  I bought several charm square packs of Home Sweet Home which shows Goldilocks and the three bears on several of the prints.  It's a cute line and I've been dying to work up a quilt top with it.  I found the chandelier quilt top tutorial by Missouri Star and decided to use two of my charm packs for that quilt.  Here my quilt top.  I framed the squares with an aqua mini dot.  I love it.  It's not the best picture but once I get it sandwiched and quilted, I'll get a better picture of it.



   I have three more quilt tops I want to make now.  I'm going to take 10 inch squares and make 7 rows by 7 columns for a nice size quilt top.  It's an easy way to get my sewing fix without a lot of cutting.

No comments: