Pages

Monday, October 3, 2022

Secret Sewing Reveal

    I found a fun cross body purse pattern tutorial by Debbie Shore.  It is a simple free pattern and I had to make one.  This was my secret sewing and I loved the finished bag so much I had to give it to dear daughter before her birthday.  

    Here is the link to the youtube tutorial:  Crossbody Purse By Debbie Shore.  The tutorial is pretty good.  There is one spot that she doesn't explain and I had to do some research to get my fabrics oriented correctly.  When she is doing the zipper pocket, what she calls a letterbox zip, and she places her pocket fabric against the fabric for the back of the bag she doesn't explain that the fabrics are placed right sides together, because her pocket fabric does not have a right or wrong side.  The rest of the tutorial is very good, but she goes very fast and I had to pause that video A LOT to get all the instructions while I was making my bag.  

    I used blue scraps for this bag.  Most strips were about 2" wide some were wider some were narrower.  I used a foundation piece to sew the strips to.  I made the front, back, flap and strap with scraps.  I had enough of one fabric for the lining.  And I made the patch pocked from another fabric.  I had the fusible fleece and the zipper in my stash.  I had to buy the 18mm magnetic snaps.  I ordered the snaps from an etsy seller and had them in a week.  

   Here is the finished bag.  Dear daughter loved it.





   I will be making more of this bag.  I already have another scrappy bag in the works for me.  I used a bunch of different colors for my bag.  So fun.


No comments: