Pages

Monday, September 30, 2019

Changed My Mind, Again. Had To Revisit A Recipe

    Last December I made gingerbread cookies.  When I made those cookies I did not enjoy the process of making them because I had to mix the dough by hand and it was difficult.  I also used a recipe that made a lot of cookies (Pioneer Woman, Ree Drummond's recipe).  I swore I would never make gingerbread cookies again and I even went so far as to throw away my cookie cutter.  But I really enjoyed the taste of the cookies and after thinking about it, I knew I would be making more gingerbread cookies.

   So this year I made the decision to buy a stand mixer (it was on sale and I love it) to help with the mixing of the dough.  I did some research and found a smaller cookie recipe.  And I got a new gingerbread man cookie cutter.

    I found this recipe on youtube The Stay At Home Chef Gingerbread Cookie Recipe.  The description below the video has a link to the written recipe at their blog but the video is nice because she also gives baking tips.

    I made gingerbread cookies yesterday.  It was an easy recipe to make and the stand mixer worked great.  I was really happy with the cookie dough I made and it yielded 15 cookies.  I did not have any dough left over.  It was all used.  I made some men, some hearts, and two round cookies with leftover dough.  I can't wait to try them and let you know how tasty they are.  The unfrosted cookies are now in the freezer waiting for a special birthday in November.

   This recipe made just enough cookies for me, but it would be easy to double it.  The stand mixer made the process effortless.

   I didn't take any pictures of the cookies because they were so dull looking with no decorations on them.  Just brown cookies.  But I hope they will taste great.


No comments: