Pages

Tuesday, July 30, 2019

Birthday Gift Shopping and Wrapping

    It's that time of year again.  Time to think of birthday presents for DD.  I will not be doing any sewing for her this year because we have several secret projects we are sewing together in the next few months and I don't think I will  have time to make her anything super cute this year, so I bought her a couple of gifts.  Her birthday will be special this year so I wanted to make sure I had them ready to go when her birthday comes.

    The gifts arrived but I didn't have any pretty birthday wrapping paper for them so while I was shopping in Hobby Lobby last weekend, I bought a yard of cotton fabric with the cutest print on it and I wrapped my boxes up in the fabric.  Instead of taping the ends to secure them, I sewed them together with some contrasting thread and big stitches.  It was so much fun to do and the gifts look so cute with coordinating ribbons on them.  I will definitely post a picture after the gifts are given.

   Don't hesitate to use fabric for wrapping.  It's fun and so unexpected.

No comments: