Pages

Tuesday, April 23, 2019

An Amazing Idea

   I had an amazing idea last week.  DD needed a sweater to go with an outfit for a wedding she is going to in a few weeks and  she couldn't find anything on line or in the store that she really liked.  I showed her this yarn and the project was born.  We decided a simple shawl crocheted with this yarn will work just great with her outfit.

    This is the Red Heart Unforgettable Boutique in the Cappucino colorway that I tried to knit a hat  with holding it double a few months ago and that didn't work out at all.  I was wondering if I would ever find a project for this yarn.

   

    I found this simple crochet shawl tutorial on line. I started this on April 17, 2019 and its done.  I used up all the yarn I had in this colorway.  Here is a link to the youtube video:  Double Crochet All The Way Shawl.   I used a size  I hook (5.5 mm), the yarn actually calls for a size J hook (6.0 mm).  I like the fabric I got with the size I hook.



   I have now used this yarn twice with success, both times I crocheted shawls with it. Here is the other shawl link using the stained glass colorway.

No comments: