Pages

Monday, November 5, 2018

How I Make My Wool Dryer Balls

   I bought three skeins of Knit Picks Wool of the Andes bare bulky yarn to make six wool dryer balls.  I wound two dryer balls from each skein.  After winding the balls I secure them in knee high stockings to felt the balls.  I put three balls in each knee high.  I put one wool ball in and I tie a knot in the knee high, then I put the second wool ball in and tie a knot, then I put the third ball in and tie a knot.  I took a picture of this step but my camera wasn't charged and it didn't take the picture.

    Once the balls are in the knee high, I soak them to get them good and wet.  I wash them in hot water with a towel and detergent.  Once they are washed, I put them in a hot dryer with the towel.  The first go in the dryer didn't felt the balls right away, so I wet the balls two more times with just plain water and wet the towel and ran them in a hot dryer.  After the third dryer cycle the balls had felted very well.  I cut the knee highs off and put the balls in a bowl to let them completely dry.  I made these for my daughter for her birthday.


No comments: