Pages

Friday, March 30, 2018

Call Her By Her Name

    I decided on the perfect name for my Singer Serger a few weeks ago.  She is now known as Dolly.  I love musicals and "Hello Dolly" is one of my favorites.  This machine is just as sassy and lovable as the main character in that movie.  I have had a couple of problems with threading her but it was all operator error.  Once I figured out exactly how to thread her correctly, it was all good and she works great.   I have a light grey thread running through her right now and it works for everything I'm doing at the moment.

    I spent the last couple of days putting a three thread rolled hem on the scarves I made a few weeks ago.  Originally I put a narrow rolled hem on them with my sewing machine (without a rolled hem foot because I like to live dangerously) but I wasn't happy with the finished product, it wasn't very neat and it needed to be fixed.  So I fixed them.

     See my lovely scarves now.  In the first picture you can see the beautiful three thread rolled hem I did on Dolly.



No comments: