I almost forgot to tell about the machine embroidery adventure I had last weekend. I have a Brother PE770 Embroidery Machine that my daughter gave me as a birthday present in 2014. It was supposed to be a machine we both would use but it lives at my house so I use it more. I set it up and use it about 3 or 4 times a year for making hanging dishtowels, embroideries to add to tote bags or to frame, and monogrammed linen napkins, I would love to play with a multi-needle machine someday.
Back in January I had an idea for dear daughter to make her Father some embroidered toilet paper for Father's Day. Dear daughter picked the design and I purchased it. We got together last Saturday to embroider toilet paper.
I did a sample stitch out of the design on Friday night on a plain piece of white cotton fabric with stabilizer. It worked great and took me about 40 minutes from set up to final stitch.
On Saturday we had a few problems and the project took a lot longer than anticipated. I don't think my machine is built to embroider toilet paper because when we tried to embroider on the toilet paper the machine jammed up and it would eat the toilet paper and the stabilizer.
We ended up with three designs stitched out on regular white muslin which dear daughter will wrap around toilet paper rolls. The three designs took us almost 5 hours including an hour of that time taken to go to Walmart to get the fabric.
It was a fun project and a real learning experience. Dear daughter got a chance to really work with the machine up close for the first time since we have had it.
Here is a picture of the design we stitched out.