Pages

Wednesday, June 17, 2015

A Couple of Blocks Done And Lots of Household Chores

   I've been busy doing household chores and getting things done in preparation for some of the family visiting the weekend of July 4th.  My two older brothers and their families are coming to town.  It seems that everything needed fixing or cleaning.  This month I had to replace the flushing mechanism in both toilets.  I finished the second one today.  It's nice to have those done.  

    My oldest brother and his wife will be staying here at the house and I'm giving them my master bedroom and bath.  I have to give those two rooms a really good cleaning, my brother is allergic to animals and the cats spend a lot of time in the bedroom.  I'm smart enough to keep the cats out of the bathroom, so I won't have to worry about too much cat fur in that room.

    I haven't done a  lot of sewing in the last few weeks.  I did get two disappearing hour glass blocks done and I figured out what my measuring problem was with the very first attempt.


 


    I bought myself a Janome Memory Craft 7700 to enhance my sewing room.  This machine has a 11" throat and it should be the only other machine I need for the rest of my life.  Her name is Magnolia (because she's pure white).  I covered her with my yard of Tula Pink's Elizabeth and it covers her nicely.




   I'm trying to get back in the sewing groove.  I figure once my family is gone I can get back on track and get the rest of these disappearing hour glass blocks done as well as learn how to use my new machine.

No comments: