Pages

Thursday, June 27, 2024

Christmas Decorations, Wall Decorations, Start A New Quilt

 My dear daughter asked me to make her some Christmas decorations that would match some fabric reindeer she purchased a couple of years ago at Hobby Lobby.  She has two Reindeer made with white and red ticking fabric.  She bought the materials and I made her three stockings and a Santa hat to match her reindeer using easy tutorials I found on youtube.  



    I found these embroidery hoops that I filled with some of my favorite fabrics.  I did these a couple of years ago but I never finished them.  I looked up a tutorial on how to finish them and decided to add a piece of white fabric behind the favorite fabric.  Trim the white fabric flush with the embroidery hoop ring on the back then trim the favorite fabric leaving about three quarters of an inch to glue to the embroidery hoop on the back using hot glue.  It was easy and I had all the materials I needed in my stash to finish my hoops and hang them.  



I'm starting a new English paper piecing hexagon quilt.  I want to make it with blue flowers with white and blue framing.  I'm having fun cutting up my blue scraps. 







No comments: