Pages

Sunday, March 31, 2024

My First Small Cross Stitch Project Fully Finished

    I found this chart on the Country Living website under free patterns.  I thought this would look great with the hand made strawberries that I finished last week.  It took me about 12 hours to do each cross stitch piece.  It was the first time I ever did cross stitch.  I stitched these on size 14 Aida fabric that I have had for awhile.  The chart gives you the color numbers for DMC floss and I had all three colors  in my embroidery floss stash.   So I made two of this chart and made them into a pretty pillows.  Dear daughter got the pink one and I kept the green one.



    About my DMC floss stash.  About 8 years ago I went onto the 123stitch website and ordered one of each of the regular colors.  I don't know how many colors I got, but it was a lot. My stash isn't very organized so I'm taking time to organize it by color number since doing it by color was not working very well for me.  I'm just going to put groups of numbers in plastic bags and put those bags in a big plastic box for safe keeping.  

No comments: